You probably are raising your brows upon reading the title.
Yep, your eyes aren’t playing tricks on you. You read it right.
As you all know, hair loss has been a constant battle for anyone due to aging. Even before laser treatments have been invented, people have already been coping with this problem for hundreds of years. With the lack of modern technology, men and women have thought of various ways to combat this problem.
Hence the birth of natural treatments, specifically the use of guava leaves.
Thanks to some researches, guava leaves have been proven as one of the many effective alternative treatments not only for hair loss, but for other hair and scalp problems, as well. It’s also a good replacement for hair care, in case you wanted to be more economical.
In this article, we will be talking how guava leaves can be a good (and natural) alternative for hair loss. However, if you are experiencing severe hair loss then it would be advised to go see your doctor.
If not, and you’re only experiencing hair loss due to your boss and the demands of your work and everyday life, then please do continue to read on.
Benefits of Guava Leaves for Hair Growth
The guava fruit, scientifically known as Psidium Guajava, is considered to be a powerhouse fruit as it contains all necessary vitamins such as Vitamin C. It is said that it even has more Vitamin C than oranges (so if you have the sniffles then adding a guava or two to your grocery list is highly recommended). The fruit can provide different health benefits as it has a high level of antioxidants and anti-inflammatory components.
Like the fruit, the guava leaves are also packed the same nutrients as they are all vital for hair growth. Those helpful nutrients are as follows:
1. Vitamins A, B and C
These vitamins help and promote healthy hair growth should you wish to have the thickest and fastest possible hair growth ever. In addition, Vitamin B2 helps in repairing cells and tissue in our body, therefore can help with bringing back healthy hair, nails an skin.
Lycopene is considered to be the king of all nutrients as it can help with even the deadliest diseases like cancer. So it’s an added bonus that guava leaves contain such nutrient as it can help us with our hair problems. According to some researches, men are said to have an excess of the chemical dihydrotestosterone or DHT that causes male pattern balding. With an intake of any fruits or vegetables with lycopene can help slow down the process.
Potassium deficiency is one cause of hair loss which people are unaware of. Bananas are not the only fruits that contain this nutrient, but guavas as well. As aforementioned, guava leaves contain the same nutrient as its fruit, therefore this is another added benefit of using the leaves for your hair to grow back.
How to Use Guava Leaves for Hair Growth
The great thing about using guavas leaves is that the process itself is very easy to do. It’s not complicated and the materials you will needing can be easily found in your kitchen. One of the ways on how you can use guava leaves for hair growth is by actually using it as a rinse when you’re taking a shower.
What You Need:
- Fresh Guava Leaves
- A pot for boiling the leaves
What You Should Do:
- The amount of leaves will depend on your hair. Feel free to use as many leaves as you see fit.
- Fill the pot with water and place it on the stove. Bring the water to a boil to extract all the nutrients.
- When the water is already boiling, you may add the guava leaves.
- Let it boil for 20 minutes.
- Strain the liquid and let it cool to room temperature (Make sure that it’s not hot or you might scald your scalp therefore might cause some complications. Always test it first before you decide to pour it onto your hair). You may put it in a clean and empty bottle to ensure its sanitation.
- When taking a shower, you can apply the mixture to clean hair and scalp, ideally after shampooing your hair. Cover it with a shower or plastic cap and leave it for 30 minutes.
- Rinse and continue washing your hair.
- You may continue to do this every day until you get the desired results.
- There are different ways you can use this not only as a rinse. You may use it as a mist before applying moisturizer. It is recommended to do it 2 or 3 times a week, but make sure to wash your hair at least a week to remove any dirt or build up. You can even add it to your regular deep conditioner.
- There’s no harm in mixing it with your favorite shampoo or conditioner. It can not only help make the process easier, but the higher the frequency and consistency on how you use guava leaves on a daily basis will make help in getting the results faster.
- Too busy? Too lazy? Don’t worry, a faster way to do the process is to actually drink it. It will not only help your hair, but you’re doing your body a favor as well. It’s like killing two birds with one stone!
Other Benefits of Guava Leaves on Hair
- Guava leaves contain some analgesic, antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory and antioxidant components. By massaging guava leaves on our scalp it definitely helps with dandruff.
- Lycopene in guava leaves does not only help in hair growth, but it also helps in protecting the hair from UV rays.
- Polyphenols in guava leaves is considered to be a dietary antioxidant that can help our hair be free from radicals that can damage our hair follicles. It can also help rejuvenate it to make it easier for our hair to grow stronger and thicker.
- Guava leaves can be used as a conditioner to promote not only thicker, but stronger, shinier and healthier hair.
- Do you have that unmanageable curly, wavy or frizzy hair? Have no fear, guava leaves also tame your wild mane.
Clearly, guava leaves are definitely a cost-effective and a wonderful hair treatment for hair loss. Not only that, it can do wonders for the health of your hair such as cleaning your scalp, moisturizing and nourishing your locks.
In addition to that, since it consists of a lot of nutrients, it’s not only good for your hair, but to your body as well. It can help people with high blood pressure, diabetes and people who wanted to lose weight.
The best thing about this is that it’s 100% natural. You don’t have to worry about any adverse reactions.
The only problem that poses with the use of guava leaves is if you’re allergic to it. Make sure to check if you are allergic to it. If so, sadly, this may not be the best hair treatment alternative for you.
If not, then it’s time for you to hunt down a good old guava tree and start treating your mane for an experience of a lifetime.